NY1 (currently known as Spectrum News NY1) is TWC's first all-news channel. It provides 24/7 local news coverage throughout five boroughs of NYC. Although the regular programming is news and weather, it also airs several special programs like Inside City Hall (NYC mayoral elections: Road to City Hall).
It is available on Channel 1 (SD) and Channel 701 (HD) for TWC's New York system. On Optimum at the same area, it is carried on Channel 8.
- Spring 1991 - TWC decided to establish a local rolling news channel for NYC.
- 8/9/1992 - NY1 started broadcasting.
- 1996 - NY1 launched ny1.com.
- 2001 - TWC began offering NY1 to Albany's digital cable subscribers.
- 30/6/2003 - TWC launched NY1 Noticias, the only Spanish rolling news channel for NYC.
- 2003 - ny1.com became NYC's #1 news website.
- 2005 - NY1 on Demand was launched.
- 2008 - HD channel was launched on channel 701.
- 14/3/2013 - Rebrand NY1 as Time Warner Cable News NY1 (same plan on all other news channels in Your News Now networks).
- 20/11/2013 - NY1 now known as Time Warner Cable News NY1.
- 15/11/2016 - After the partner of TWC with Charter Spectrum, NY1 rebranded as Spectrum News NY1.
NY1 runs on a ''news wheel" format with the weather updates every ten minutes followed by rush-hour traffic. NY1 Minute is on every half-hour to bring viewers local news summary in 60 seconds. This is its hourly newswheel:
- :00-:01 - NY1 Minute
- :01-:02 - Weather on the Ones (brief)
- :02-:09 - News
- :11-:12 - Weather on the Ones (repeated)
- :12-:14 - News
- :15-:19 - Your News
- :21-:22 - Weather on the Ones (details)
- :22-:24 - News
- :24-:26 - NY1 Lifestyles
- :26-:28 - End of Half Hour
- :30-:31 - NY1 Minute
- :31-:32 - Weather on the Ones (brief)
- :32-:39 - News
- :41-:42 - Weather on the Ones (repeated)
- :42-:43 - News
- :43-:45 - From the Floor
- :47-:49 - News
- :51-:52 - Weather on the Ones (details)
- :52-:54 - News
- :54-:56 - NY1 Lifestyles
- :56-:57 - End of Half Hour
- :59-:00 - Community Calendar
This regular wheel is broadcast during these times:
- Monday-Friday: 12:30 a.m. - 3 a.m. / 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Weekends: 5 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. / 8 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. / 1 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. / 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. / 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. / 9 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Since NY1 becomes Spectrum News NY1, it allows more time for live rolling news. Here's the current time:
- Monday-Friday: 12:30 a.m. - 4 a.m. / 5 a.m. - 7 p.m. / 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Weekends: 5 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. / 8 p.m. - 11:35 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. / 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. / 4 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
And these are several main programs that are broadcast on NY1:
News at Eleven Edit
By the purpose to compete with other late newscast, in 22/1/2007, NY1 launched its own nightly-at-11 newscast, known as News at Eleven (later moved to Time Warner Cable News NY1 at Eleven and Spectrum News NY1 at Eleven). It is anchored by Lewis Dodley in weekdays and Cheryl Wills on weekends, weather is broadcast by Todd Kerkman (Central NY meteorologist) in weekdays and Heather Morrison (Capital Region meteorologist) on weekends. Sports is updated by Kevin Garrity (Sunday-Wednesday), Budd Mushkin (Thursday) and Phil Andrews/Dario Melendez (Friday & Saturday).
The Call Edit
Broadcast live weeknights at 9, The Call is an hour-long review program anchored by John Schiumo. It formerly last half-hour, but due to viewers' requests, the length was extended to one hour in January 2012.
Sports on 1: The Last Word Edit
This is NY1's second daily program, broadcast live nightly at 11:35 and repeat at 4am in the next day. It provides recaps on all the day's major sports stories and anchored by the same schedule as News at Eleven's sports team.
On Stage Edit
On Stage is a half-hour program (airing live Saturday mornings at 9:30) that primarily features reports on the New York City theater scene, as well as reports on theatrical performances from around the region. It is hosted by Donna Karger, with Patrick Pacheco conducting interviews. NY1 weekday afternoon anchor Roma Torre, who has a background in theater, is the critic for the show. Outside critics David Cote (of Time Out New York) and David Sheward (of Backstage) also contribute reviews. Frank DiLella conducts on-scene reporting. The repeated times: Sunday at 9:30am, weekends at 7:30pm and Tuesday at 12:30am.
Inside City Hall / Road to City Hall Edit
Inside City Hall (titled Road to City Hall during mayoral election cycles) is a weeknight political program (airing at 7) that covers politics both local and national. NY1 and its upstate sister channels have collaborated on (and sponsored) a number of political debates, coverage of these use Inside City Hall presentation.