NFL Sunday Night is the SC cable network's weekly TV broadcasts of Sunday evening NFL games. The 1st SC Sunday night broadcast occurred on November 8th 1987, while the last one aired on January 1st, 2006
SC broadcast Sunday night games from 1987-1997. Beginning in 1998, SC had exclusive rights to any night game other than the season opener & regular Monday night games. Thus, SC would usually have a few weekends each season with games on both Saturday (sometimes Thursday instead) & Sunday nights.
In 2002, SC's NFL SN crew covered the new Thursday, opening night kickoff game.
After the 2005 season, SC ended this package in favor of NFL Monday Night. The Sunday-night time slot now hosts various sporting events under the name The Sunday Package. Sunday night NFL games are now broadcast by NBC
- 1st preseason game: Chicago Bears @ Miami Dolphins on August 13th, 1987
- 1st regular season game: New England Patriots @ New York Giants on November 8th, 1987 (Giants won 17-10)
- 1st telecast during opening week of season: Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs on September 6th, 1998 (Chiefs won 28-8)
- 1st regular season game outside the U.S.: San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals @ Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, Mexico on October 2nd, 2005 (Cardinals won 31-14)
- Last telecast: St. Louis Rams @ Dallas Cowboys on January 1st, 2006 (Rams won 21-10)