NFL Replay is a program that airs on the official TV channel of the NFL, NFL TV.
This is not to be confused with NFL Films Game of the Week, which aired on NFL TV each Friday night in 2006. That 1-hour program, which only used footage from NFL Films, has been canceled by the network, but aired on ION TV in 2007.
4 of the week's games, as selected by network representatives, are rebroadcast in an edited format with the following schedule:
- Game 1: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM & 1:00 AM (early Wednesday)
- Game 2: Tuesdays @ 9:30 PM
- Game 3: Wednesdays @ 8:00 PM & 1:00 AM (early Thursday)
- Game 4: Wednesdays @ 9:30 PM
All times are ET
Games are compressed into fast-paced 1 1/2-hour programs. In addition to the original FOX, CBS, NBC, SC or NFL TV broadcasts, NFL Replay shows camera angles of certain plays as captured by NFL Films, as well as sound from players & coaches before, during & after each game
- The 1st episode was a rebroadcast of the Pittsburgh Steelers' win over the Miami Dolphins. The game took place on September 7th, 2006 & was re-aired on September 9th
- On October 19th 2006, NFL Replay presented a 5th game for the 1st time. It was the Chicago Bears defeating the Arizona Cardinals, 24-23. The Bears were the 1st team in NFL history to win a game after trailing by 20 points @ any point despite not scoring an offensive TD in the entire game. This was also the 1st re-broadcast of a Monday night game in this manner
- Originally, NFL Replay consisted of 4 episodes per week. As of Oct. 19th, a 5th weekly episode was added. This 5th showing continued until The Run to the Playoffs, the 1st LIVE NFL game action, debuted on November 23rd
- For the 2007 season, a 5th game was added to the regular schedule. Previously, a 5th game aired occasionally & if it were added, it was shown on Thursday nights. Also, the show no longer used an on-camera host & The Play Breakdown segments were removed as that show was restored to the network's lineup. Some elements are now handled by an off-camera narrator
- In 2008, NFL TV removed the Monday game from the schedule & returned to only 4 games per week. However, a spin-off show, NFL Replay Real-Time, was added to the schedule. The program shows Sunday afternoon highlights in the exact order that they occurred during the day. NFL Replay Real-Time premieres every Monday @ 7:30 PM ET & airs in the hour before NFL Monday Night starts on SC