|WPTA & WISE: Fort Wayne, Indiana|
|Channels|| Analog: 21 (ABC) & 33 (NBC) |
My Network TV
|Owner|| Granite Broadcasting|
|Former Affiliations|| WPTA: None|
WPTA-DT2: The WB (1995-2006 via The WB 100+)
|Website||Indiana's NewsCenter Website|
Indiana's NewsCenter is the collective brand name of the TV & news operations in Fort Wayne, Indiana owned &/or managed by Granite Broadcasting Corporation & Malara Broadcasting Group under a LMA.
Granite & Malara run a very similar operation with their Duluth, Minnesota stations under the moniker Northland's NewsCenter.
Indiana's NewsCenter, began on March 9, 2005 but not completed until November 29 2005, is a collective name for news for the Fort Wayne, Indiana area's NBC, ABC, My Network TV & The CW stations all operated or owned by Granite Broadcasting. It was originated from WPTA's (21 Alive) newscasts but now provides content for all of the channels listed above. After WISE-TV (Fort Wayne's NBC affiliate) was sold to Granite Broadcasting in March 2005, Granite maintained operations @ WPTA through a LMA. WISE-TV (NBC 33)'s newscasts are now very similar to WPTA's newscasts & generally have the same anchors & reporting staff. Slow changes to WPTA were made & now a multi-channel format is in place called Indiana's NewsCenter. Now all of the newscasts on these channels have the same look, except 1 anchor (Linda Jackson) from the original WISE-TV that still currently appears only on WISE-TV. To make clearer which channel each newscast is on, The NewsCenter logo is rotated with the respective station's logo.
"The Networks of Indiana's NewsCenter"Edit
- WPTA, 21 Alive, an ABC affiliate owned by Malara & operated by Granite
- WISE-TV, NBC 33, an NBC affiliate O&O by Granite
- Fort Wayne's CW, WPTA's DT subchannel carrying CW programming
- MyNetworkTV Fort Wayne, WISE's DT subchannel carrying MyNetworkTV programming
- INC NOW, WISE's 3rd DT subchannel with 24-hour news.
- Pinpoint VIPIR HD Channel, WPTA's 3rd DT subchannel with weather maps, radar & forecasts.
- WOWO-AM, a Federated Media-owned talk radio station that uses some resources
- WDFM-LP, ch. 26, a Clear Channel-owned independent station in Defiance, Ohio (in the Toledo DMA) that uses some of Indiana's NewsCenter's weather resources
- WDFM-FM, WZOM, WNDH & WONW - Clear Channel's Defiance radio cluster that uses some resources (unlike TV, Defiance is part of the Fort Wayne radio market)