The station is focused on horse racing from the UK, Ireland, North America, France & (overnight) Australia, showing many LIVE races & related shows. The station is a commercial station, running advert breaks & is "affiliated" with various betting companies, since the channel's LIVE picture feed is used by betting shops & gamblers are generally it's main audience.
The channel was partly revamped, as of June 2006.
BTV HorseRacing's current line-up:
- 9:00-10:00 AM (4:00-5:00 AM ET): BTV HorseRacing Morning Update
- 10:00-11:00 AM (5:00-6:00 AM ET): BTV HorseRacing Review
- 11:00 AM-1:00 PM (6:00-8:00 AM ET): BTV HorseRacing News
- 1:00-5:00 PM (8:00 AM-12:00 PM ET): BTV HorseRacing LIVE
- 5:00-9:00 PM (12:00-4:00 PM ET): BTV HorseRacing This Evening
- 9:00 PM-2:00 AM (4:00-9:00 PM ET): BTV HorseRacing TONIGHT
- 2:00-9:00 AM (9:00 PM-4:00 AM ET): BTV HorseRacing Australia
Aside from having reporters on course, the channel runs from a main studio & a production area called 'The BTV HorseRacing Booth'. Different presenters are often frequently found in 1 area only. Before LIVE racing starts, guests are often interviewed, viewer e-mails read & banter exchanged from the studios
BTV HorseRacing is owned by the American company, WMFL Corporation under WMFL Worldwide. In 2001, they agreed to pay £307 million for a 10-year deal to broadcast coverage from all 59 UK courses.
BTV HorseRacing virtually vanished from screens on the 29th of March of 2004, but continued to broadcast a few meetings from the United States in the evenings & following the re-negotiation of contracts, the existing BTV HorseRacing channel re-launched on the 11th of June of 2004
The partner racecourses are:
- Ffos Las
- Great Leighs
- Great Yarmouth
- Lingfield Park
- Newton Abbot